Tuesday, March 17, 2009

technology inventory

Being in the schools has been a blast! I am at Sunset View Elementary in Provo. The school has a lot of technology in it and I have enjoyed seeing how teachers actually use it. In every classroom, there is a Promethean Board. They are interactive and the students really seem to like using it. They can read stories, play games, write, and many other things. The classroom has 6 mac computers for student use, and the teacher has her own macbook. That is a huge benefit, because during center time, on of the centers is to play "educational" games on the computer. Also the school has computer carts with macbooks in it for use in the classroom. Every friday, my class has them to take a test on it. They take literacy and math tests on the computers. Every class has a small tv and vcr/dvd player. My teacher never uses it because she would use the Promethean Board instead. Overall I am enjoying my time in the classroom. It is a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment